Come Get Lei’d
Y‘all know I love a good party and in my opinion most good parties have a theme to make the party super #epic! Being that summer is almost over I think you should all throw an epic summer bash…luau style! My mom and I threw one at the beginning of summer for her birthday and it was an absolute blast! Everyone had a great time! Now, I can’t give you all my secrets but check out my Luau guide & pics below. If you’re inspired to throw your own Luau bash make sure to take pics and share ’em with me!
- Lei’s (an abundance of colors for your guest, you should have triple the amount of lei’s as you do guest so your guest can layer up)
- Ankle Lei’s – these are super cute Oriental trading has some nice ones.
- Bar – We did ours Tiki Style
- Fun Drink-ware – Fun, bright, vibrant colors of margarita glasses, tiki cups, daquari glasses, and fun drink stirrers. (we used plastic drink-ware of course.)
- Drinks – Have a fun bar with 2-3 hawaiian themed alcohol drinks and of course some Jell-O Shots to top it off. In addition make sure you have some non-alcoholic beverages for the kiddos and those who don’t drink alcohol.
- SN: I made a killer Jungle Juice lol so I took keys from anyone who was having a drank!!!
- Food – Pot luck style is the best for your budget. Have each guest bring a Luau themed side dish and/or dessert. You can handle the main dish…the meat. Have 2 or 3 meat options, we had pork and chicken.
- Photo Booth – You have to have a designated area with a cool Luau back drop and lots of photo props to make your party truly epic!
- Music – Make a bangin playlist the whole party can enjoy!
- Finally – Make sure your guest list is #epic with all your fave friends & family that love to have a good, safe, drama free time.
Check below for the recap from my Luau! 🙂