Baked Sausage, Spinach, & Egg Breakfast Taquitos
I’m a big fan of Taquitos, even the microwavable frozen kind from the grocery store lol. They make the perfect snack, especially if you dip ’em in a little salsa, your’e all set. These #homemade breakfast Taquitos are everything though! I make mine with turkey sausage or shredded chicken, but you can use any type of sausage you prefer. Try these for breakfast this week, they’re super quick & easy to make, and the yum factor is on #100. Trust me your framily will love them! #thankmelater
Here’s Whatcha Need:
- ½ Lb. Sausage (or chicken)
- 2 c. Fresh spinach, chopped
- ⅓ c. Diced green bell pepper
- 6 Large eggs
- 2 Tbl. Crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ c. Shredded cheese, any flavor (Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterey, etc. . . )
- ½ c. Salsa, plus more for serving
- 7 Medium tortillas, corn or flour
- Cooking spray
- Kosher salt
Here’s Whatcha Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. When sausage is almost cooked through, add the chopped spinach and bell pepper and saute for a few minutes. Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk and add to skillet. Stir occasionally until eggs are just barely cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the Feta cheese.
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds or until pliable. Divide filling between tortillas. Top each with a little shredded cheese and salsa. Roll up tightly and place, seam-side down, on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil (this makes for a much easier clean up). Spray tops of taquitos lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with a little kosher salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Serve with extra salsa for dipping. Makes 7 about taquitos.